- shortcuts are everything
- right-click to select
- “A” to toggle selections after you selected something
- middle mouse button to pull and tumble view
- middle mouse button + control to pan horizontal
- middle mouse button + shift to pan vertical
- middle mouse button to zoom in and out (note that close range may be slow)
- SHIFT-A to call up Add Primitives panel. UGHHHH!
- N - calls up Properties panel
- in properties panel - ADD BACKGROUND IMAGE - if you put it in TOP, you can only see it in TOP ORTHO. so make sure your VIEW is for THAT WINDOW and the background image are all for the same window. You might have multiple windows open.
- command and left click to make vertices
- how to close windows/views? you drag the arrow at bottom to the left or bottom. you'll see a big arrow.
- why can't i get into edit mode? because you cannot go into edit mode without selecting an object first. another way is to make a cube and then delete all of its outside vertices. then start drawing....
my first spoon
Followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unTHnOnvvZY
UVs are included in OBJ export, theres an option to triangulate and include normals in the export options
cleaning up models
imported stl from openscad need to clean up for texturing.
so why don't the faces merge when you press f? i already used the circle brush (c) to select.
it may be because of MICROSCOPIC FACES THAT ARE NOT SELECTED. zoom in and manually fix.
addons for export
blender version number > scripts > addons > io_three