HDB Floorplans

From Wikicliki
Jump to: navigation, search

A majority of the urban population in asian cities live in almost identical high-rise apartments which, in each respective city, also tend to be constructed to the conventions of “fixed” or “default” sizes and layouts.

Flat size is used as an indicator of social status in both cities, and property is commonly seen as stable investment. Many have aspirations to upgrade to a larger space – in the form of a larger high-rise apartment.

In Singapore, over 70% of the population live in Housing Development Board (HDB) Flats which are built by the government, and a large proportion of the remaining 30% also live in high-rise condominiums. Flats come in a fixed sizes of 1 room, 2 room, 3, 4, 5, and EC (Executive Condominium). Each size has a few fixed formats that are typically built at different periods; some common formats names are A, B, S, or New Generation.

See also