Ideas for Apps
"Without data there is no existence"
Idea for Ambience App SG
An App which allows you to record and upload geotagged field sounds of the cities on your smartphone. You can tag nice sounds or bad sounds, vote up or vote down sounds, and for submitting very bad or extreme sounds you can use it to prepare a simple document to forward a message or notification to NEA if the sound has gone on for longer than legally allowed.
In response to: http://beta.thedogood.net/colab/inspirations/1916/
I do not want something that just "complains" to the authorities. That is so boring and Singaporean. I want to make something that is constructive and also has a positive side, in letting people appreciate the nice sounds along with the bad.
The idea is to make people more aware of sound around them, to appreciate the sounds and to capture and share it as easily as they might do it with visuals or a picture.
- Approximate Decibel meter?
- Geolocation tag
- Sounds which are flagged or voted down will be reviewed and removed.
- Sounds which are voted up may also be used by musicians artists or others to make remixes. Creating a city symphony from sounds with a simple sound player similar to RJDJ which is a reality jockey app that loops/samples sounds in real time and allows one to "listen" even more deeply to their environment sound although one seems to be plugged into their smart phone.
- Database of sounds
- Sound tours / Sound maps: People can create their own sound maps or Sound tours around a place. Recording things and making a trail on a map so people who are interested can explore a place by sound as well.
- Sound events - treats for ears! collab with visually handicapped society and get them to curate a sound walk!
Idea for Dream City App SG
An app which allows people to take a picture of a place or something and describe what they wish would be in this place or what suggestions they have for its improvement. The posts must be categorized as something, like, potholes, civic improvements, street lighting, or even plain fictional like maybe they would like for this building to be another colour or for the roof to be accessible or i don't know what.
A collection of people's dreams and hopes.
A simple app that accepts a postcode, and will generate a simple postcard pdf that can be printed with big data information printed on it. Would love to pitch to CDC or NLB. A booth that provides information on the area to new and old neighbours alike, helping to make visible the data that the govt has about places to even the generation that is not online. Perhaps it may tell new things that even people did not know about their own place.
Generate for tourists too!!! Customised data on their hotel location?
Transport to attractions and other things! Qrcode as links to the site!
- Food hpb
- Lta car bus
- Metro parking
- Smart weather
- Sla island geo
- Taxi status
- Quantum invention routing
- Smart checkins foursquare timeout etc
United world college energy
Singtel call data logs Taxi data
Making big data visible to those who have no access to internet