manually select hole
- S to select around hole
- F to fill - A to accept Esc to not do it
- ⌘B to bridge
- S to select on main object
- E to expand selection
- I to invert selection to objects not connected to main
- X to delete fragments
- T to transform
- Sharp Edge Preserve
- Make things more solid by changing mesh density
HOLLOW for sls
- Reduce Target by Percentage (70%)
notes from online
You do not need to fill holes via Select the boundaries to get color information in the infilled area. Simply run Inspector using SmoothFill.
- that the little gear icon in the header of a tool's flyout allows to reset all values to default?
- that there are some sliders in the tools' flyouts which allow higher values than the sliders range (e.g.: SolidAccuracy , MeshDensity, OffsetDistance and MinDistance in MakeSolid)? You may click on the displayed value to edit the value via keyboard or dragging the slider over its limit by slightly moving the cursor up- or downwards. Dragging the slider horizontal stops at the displayed slider's maximum.
- that double clicking at the boundary while doing SmoothBoundary adds a red handle to modify the shape of the boundary? Be careful dragging it to much might result in self intersections of the mesh.
- that there's still the old Smooth functionality? Hit "1" at your keyboard.
- that using the transform widgets with Snapping turned on (little S-circle is green) you can modify the snapping distance for translating and rotating with the Up and Down arrow keys on your keyboard?
- that the pink color running the Inspector means small isolated elements? You define whether those are errors or only small elements which should be kept with the SmallTresh slider.
- that the overhang shader material remembers the AngleTresh of Analysis/Overhangs?
- that Analysis/Stability also gives the object's volume and its surface area based on the units you've set at Analysis/UnitsDimensions?
- in Select, once you have a selection you can right-drag to expand/contract by distance (rather than by rings of triangles). Right-drag only works in "meshmixer" camera mode, but on mac laptop trackpad you can applekey-scroll. (I think there is also a windows hotkey combination, but I cannot check right now...)
- In Selection, you can left-drag starting on the background to do a lasso. However if you start with a left-click, then you can draw a polygon instead of a continuous curve
- In Plane Cut and Mirror, you can left-drag starting on the background to draw a cutting line
- 'C' hotkey when the cursor is over the model will center the camera at that point
- When you have a selection, the fit-to-view button in the hotbox (hold spacebar, button to right of magnifying glass) will fit the view to your selection. This will also reset the near-clipping-plane, so you can get close up to something small without it getting clipped by the near plane. (if you do this and then zoom back out, you might see z-fighting artifacts, in which case you should do another fit-to-view
- The little "tools" icon next to the Symmetry checkboxes in Select/Sculpt will let you change the symmetry plane
- If you try to run a tool on a selection and it turns pink, then the operation could not be initialized. Often this is because the boundary of the selection is invalid. Cancel and hit the 'o' key to try to automatically clean up the selection at the borders (or select Optimize Boundary under the Modify menu). Then run the tool again. It won't *always* work, but it will *usually* work =)
- If you have a selection, Y hotkey will Separate the selection. If you select multiple objects, Y hotkey will Combine them. So basically it is a contextual group/ungroup. And Shift-Y will do a Separate-Shells.
SCULPT/PinchBrush: Did you know that this brush pulls the vertices to its center? So this if this center is at the existing surface (Depth at zero) it simply moves vertices along the existing surface. Instead if the brush's center is above the surface (Depth on a negative value) it pulls out. If Depth is at a positive value the brush digs into the surface. It's a nice way to refine sharp edges
IMPROVEMENTS I WISH MESHMIXER HAD
- TIME LEFT ON THE PROCESS - to be shown
- could it crash LESS? well at least it restores most of the time... but still.....