I listen to BBC iplayer all day long. I've listened to it until I had nothing else to listen to for the day. The channels i favour are: BBC 1, 4, and 7. And 1xtra, for the lulz. Somehow i fancy that the little scrapings of information i pick up from the radio may one day be useful so i am making small notes here:
- Old man who called up Tech Support about how he couldn't find the shutdown button on Windows says that the problem is that he could not understand why he had to press the Start button in order to see the shutdown button. Computer illiterate people are being left behind as certain social services and public utilities move their services online to save customer costs.
- "Allah allah" - middle east comedy show
- A series of Psychotic Episodes - "Jungle is dead. East London grime mcs are flocking to the countryside and becoming... Horse racing commentators"
- The indifferent enemy, as described by Thomas Mann - in reference to young men killed in the prime of their iconoclastic selves.
- Harry Harlow - American psychologist best known for his maternal-separation and social isolation experiments on rhesus monkeys, which demonstrated the importance of care-giving and companionship in social and cognitive development.