Swollen Lymph Nodes
17 sept 2014
- noticed right supraclavicular lump is tender. mobile and squishy. slight sore throat. realise its been there since august. but heavy weights and recent stress has made it tender.
- lipoma??? http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lipoma/basics/definition/con-20024646
- this person has similar story (similar age and gender) - http://www.doctorslounge.com/oncology/forums/backup/topic-10451.html
- next steps - REGISTER WITH THE GODDAMNED GP - http://www.bartonhousegrouppractice.co.uk/new-patients.aspx?t=1
18 sept 2014
- still worrying
- actually think there are two. one is big and one is pea-sized. next to each other. confusing. maybe i am just lumpy.
- did a naughty thing and googled the lump again. I read that the right supraclavical lymph node collects lymph in cases of gastrointestinal infections. on the 15th I had some extreme indigestion and what i would say amounts to a gastrointestinal infection - pain in what i think to be spleen, food poisoning, no appetite, stomach pains, toilet runs. symptoms only just beginning to clear up. confusing.
- no other symptoms. none of the scary ones. today appetite would have been fine except after an unnecessary 15 minute spiel from father i began to plot my escape from the dining table.
summary for consultant
Timeline 25 August: First discovery of lump.
- Moved from Berlin to London then to Singapore. Had extreme jet lag.
- Difficulty acclimatising to weather and spicy food
- High stress work in Singapore + writing dissertation
- Carried extremely heavy bags, right shoulder and back pain
15 September: Food poisoning. Pain at bottom of left rib cage. Watery stools. 17 September: Noticed that there was a bigger lump next to a small lump. Very alarmed and stressed. Shoulder sore (heavy bag) 18 September: Lump still the same on 2nd day. Shoulder still sore. 19 September: Saw my family doctor. 23 September: Saw Head & Neck Consultant. Consultant did Nasal endoscopy to rule out nasal issues – all clear. Referred for Ultrasound. 24 September: Ultrasound scan 25 September: Intermittent sharp chest pains in left and right side of rib cage. Sinus pain – but probably from nasal endoscopy. 28 September: Intermittent sharp chest pains in mainly right side of rib cage. Pain went away after eating ibuprofen. 29 September: Consultant sends over report. In email suggests further biopsy or tests to determine.
- “Sugar lows”?
- Often experience what I describe as “low sugar” episodes of running out of energy, lightheaded sensation, cold hands, palpitations, if I do not eat food on time.
- Intermittent pains in ribs / rib cage on mainly left side under rib cage
- Not sure if stress related or posture related (I use a standing desk)
- Could this chest pain be related to my complete inability to burp / betch + extreme gag reflex and fear of choking?
- Lump in bottom of throat when swallowing for last few days
- Not sure if stress related or after nasal endoscopy?
- Previously noticed a lump in right breast in early teens.
- Lump seems to have disappeared but no idea when.
- Small lump behind right ear
- Has been there for as long as I can recall?
- Fear of asymmetry or swollen spleen in 2012.
- Referred by Family Doctor Dr Chan to do ultrasound in 2012 – but inconclusive.
- Recent rashes on sides of fingers and elbows from handling archival materials in dusty environment (dishydrosis or eczema)
- Normal recurrence whenever exposed to dust or allergens
- No weight loss, No itching, No night sweats, No loss of appetite.
- Extreme and debilitating phobia of pills and throwing up.
- Cannot use tongue depressor or will be incredibly distressing for all.
29 sept 2014 - dr (isobel) baron at springfield gp
Blood Tests to be run:
- Full blood count
- Haemoglobin A1c
- Liver Fuction Test
- Thyroid Function Test
- C-reactive Protein